Concept of layering. LAN technologies (Ethernet).
Flow and error control techniques, switching.
IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state).
TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control.
Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of Wi-Fi.
Network security: authentication, basics of public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures and certificates, firewalls.
- B. Tech. CSE (IIT Delhi) ‘96
- M. S. (Research), CSE(IIT Delhi) ‘98
- Ph.D. (National University of Singapore), 2001
- Outstanding Teacher Award from IIT Roorkee
- IBM International Faculty Award
"Sir helped me to invoke interest in Computer Networks by giving practical day to day life examples. Really enjoyed this course."
- Apar Bansal, M.Tech IIT B